- Author : geertsroofingadmin
Doing it yourself- DIY every house hold job is getting very common, but certain times do it yourself-DIY roof project can give you the worst nightmare of your life and it is better to seek professional help for such projects.
Timely repair and maintenance is very important for your flat roof and if you see and notice any damage, you must get it repair because a small leak or crack you ignore today can turn into a big expense tomorrow and in worst case scenarios you will have to replace the whole roofing. In the search of Flat roof Ottawa, the very first thing anyone will do today is to research it on the internet, it’s a good way to do your research but don’t limit your search. Try to select three to five different flat roof services companies or contractors and then you initiate your project work by selecting the most suitable flat roof Services Company or contractor.
Which material is the best for your flat roof?
There are different types of materials used for flat roofs and selecting for the best, and if you don’t have any idea always seek professional help, and that professional help also depends how credible and reliable that source is. Once you will be able to find the right roofing contractor to cater all the needs of your flat roof, you will need to know the estimate if you are planning to replace your roof and the best and durable option which have the longetivity. Materials which you can select for your new flat roof are:
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) membrane roofing is also known as vinyl roofing.
- Asphaltis an aliphatic compound and in almost all cases a byproduct of the oil industry.
- EPDM Ethylene propylene Diene monomer rubber (EPDM) is a synthetic rubber most commonly used in single-ply roofing because it is readily available and simple to apply.
- Modified bitumen- A bitumen is a term applied to both coal tar pitch and asphalt products.
- TPO- Thermoplastic Polyolefin single-ply roofing. This roofing material can be fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted. TPO seam strengths are reported to be three to four times higher than EPDM roofing systems. This is a popular choice for “Green” building as there are no plasticizers added and TPO does not degrade under UV radiation. It is available in white, grey, and black. Using white roof material helps reduce the “heat island effect” and solar heat gain in the building.
- Metal flat roofing
- GRP roof – fiberglass
Repair and maintenance of flat roof
Doing an occasional check for your roof is important no matter what type of roof you have. And if you have recently bought the house or recently replaced the roof and notice a damage make sure to check the guarantee given by the previous roofer or not and if its covered you can get it fixed by the same people.